Wednesday, May 13, 2009

North Carolina

Here I am at the Raleigh Convention center and loving it. I have an ancestor that I am researching and trying to find his parents; His name is William BRAXTON, the planter. He was born about 1721, married 1744 in Old Swedes Church, Wilmington, Deleware and died 1771 in Chatham, NC. I have already found his original Will and 3 more land grants that I didn't know about.

I miss my honey, but he is coming after the conference and joining me where we will go and see my long lost 4th Cousin, Howard BRAXTON, who is about 70, and still lives on the land originally obtained by William Braxton from Lord Granville in 1763.

I will also visit a possible relative for my client who still lives in Buncombe County, NC about her WARD line. This lady is named Doris Ward and she is 90. I sure hope she can tell me how this WARD line connects together because otherwise, I'm kinda stuck and my client really wants me to find out WHO her relatives are and put them in the correct order, well, I'm trying because I keep making connections. Between BRAXTON and WARD, I'm not lacking in anything to do.

1 comment:

SoCal Rogers said...

Wow Auntie- We miss you back her in the OC. Savannah had to have a new babysitter today. (Thursday is our busy day since Brian is still finishing up school). She did ok, but I am pretty sure she was hoping it was going to be you! Miss you!