Wednesday, May 20, 2009

North Carolina Travel Log day 4

Today we moved from Greensboro, NC to Asheville, NC. Home to the WARD genealogy (I hope) because this is for my client where I will try to prove once and for all, if the family came from Buncombe County, NC. Today I hit the Buncombe County Court House, and the Downtown Library.

Dad helped me a bit, and went to see the sights in the car. It's beautiful here because it's mountainous, it is right close to the Cumberland Gap. The weather was beautiful too, 75 degrees and no wind. We walked all over downtown. They still have a store with the Woolworth still intact, I at first thought they still had a working Woolworth store, but the just kept the facade and put tiny stores inside. This is really an artsy-fartsy kind of town.

Right outside of town is the "Biltmore" home, America's Largest Home. I hope Larry and I get to go tour it, it looks really beautiful in the photo's. Google it and you will see.

Tomorrow sounds like it will be a beautiful day too! I can't wait, I'm going to the Historical Society tomorrow.

No comments: