Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The aftermath of Traveling

OK, I'm excited to be home, but it's overwhelming! There is so much to do and sort and put away that I am totally discombobulated. I really don't know where to start. Since we got home early Sunday morning, I have been unpacking, fixing, refilling, organizing into piles, reading, errands, Thank you cards, pool parties, and I have already given two lectures since I got back. I'm quite sure I had more time when I had little kids running around the house. So, mothers, take heed, life only gets more hectic and your forget how to handle it when you get older.

On another note, for no apparent reason, I miss Shilo today. I miss him coming up to me, wagging his tail with his head down to get a pet. I miss his exuberance at the smallest of pleasures. I miss him 'bugging' me. I just plain miss MY doggie!

4 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh, sweet Shilo! I always say I need a vacation after vacation, I usually mean from my little kiddos though so I can get some stuff done. Too bad it doesnt get better as we get older, dont pop my bubble just yet!

Mae said...

Isn't it funny how we always miss our pets? Whiskers, the cat we grew up with, died when I was 19 but I still look out for him when I pull into my parents drive way.

Someone was trying to tell me the other day about dogs capability to feel guilt and I said, "I knew a dog who would put himself in time out!" So thanks for the education, Shiloh.

Sara said...

I love that you used the word discombobulated.

Annessa said...

Here, here! We miss him too. We are also still missing our kitty, Hobbes that died right before Christmas last year.