Tuesday, May 19, 2009

North Carolina Travel Log Day 3

Well, did anyone ever say "Mom can't get enough of dead people"? If so, your wrong. I am now saturated. I have 4 books, hundreds of stories and videos to prove I have been 'home'. Today we went to Guilford College where I had a relative named Dr. Algie Newlin who was a History Professor there for many years and he used to write to me in the 1970's. I still have those letters in my file. While in the research room, I found another distant relative related to me through the Lindley line. If your Quaker, you just might be related to your own daddy!

Then we went and got my photo taken at at a street sign named BRAXTON Lane. We went back and met with Judy and John Braxton where John told stories and Judy and Larry played the Dulcimer's. That is a type of musical instament. It's so fun to find a relative on ever corner.

2 comments:

Sara said...

How fun for you! I loved reading the story about the Bigg Bible. Your family history adventures sound like a type of treasure hunt!

Want to teach me how to do it and then come to Sweden to find my family treasures? :)

Grandma Caroline said...

Sara, I would love to teach you how to do it, but Sweden isn't my cup of Tea, all my ancestors are here from 1600 until today! With kids at home the best you can do right now is to be a 'gatherer' of every piece of information, photograph, vital record, and story you can get your hands on. That's how to start!