Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day after Surgery

My sleep last night was fitful at best I have always had a hard time staying in one place. So about every 2 hours, a wonderful Male nurse would come in and help me turn over. I still had the catheter in my bladder, a drain in my side (right) to drain the bood out so my body wouldn't have to absorb it. Today is another matter altogether. It started at 6:00 when my phical
trainer showd up and got me out of bed to start walking. I finally got the catheter out, The tubes out I had a good clear breakfast, and casedeious for lunch. I am walking around the halls by myslef and it drives the Nurses nuts, but they are all so busy and I am so independent.

I received some really beautiful flowers. My room is startin to look like a forest! Daddy got me a dozen of the most beautiful flowers, and then tw0 different arrangements from Steve Bock and his wife Blyth whom I am helping with their genealogy. The other one was from Tim Wagner, he used to volunteer on the same shift with me, but he sarted Work (A job that Dad got for him.)

Right now I am waiting for the Dr. To arrive and take out the final stint in my arm, the drain in my side and then I hope he will send me HOME! "Toto, there is no place like home".

Marky took time out of his busy schedule (He was at USC for a class) and he drove all the way here to see me. I so much appreicate Mark and his family. I love all my children, but Mark was the only one who could come, I will be seeing all my children and grandchildren a little later on in the Week and then I have my Birthday Party to look forard to. All my kids will be here and that is enough for me! Enough for today, I'm tired now.

4 comments:

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Don't push it. And keep hitting that green button!!

Lisa Henderson said...

Im glad you are doing so well just remember to give your body time to heal!

SLO Rober said...

No insane close up video of the surgery? I'm disappointed. But the updates are just as good and our prayers are with you.

Annessa said...

So sorry to hear you had to have back surgery - I struggle with back pain at times and know it can affect the quality of life!

But, you're too spunky for it to keep you down long. We'll pray for a speedy recovery for you.