Saturday, March 27, 2010

6 days after surgery

Today, Larry had to do the Funeral for Ron Gottula. As the Bishop, he really needed to concentrate on things that were pertinent to the Gottula Family, so he asked a wonderdul sister in our Ward (Wilkinson's Daughter) Sherry Vaughn, to come and stay the day with me. 1st Sherry came with her essential oils and rubbed my leg with a lotion, and then my feet with lavendar and then I called the Dr. about the pain I was experienceing in my legs. He said this wasn't right. So he ordered me a steriod Z pak and Sherry put the heating pad on my sore leg and gave me 2 Asprin Free Excedrin, and one of her muscle relaxers. I laid back down to sleep some more, and when I awoke, I wasn't hurting in my legs anymore! Oh, my goodness that was hugh! I got up and ate some lunch then went back to bed. I slept the sleep of the dead for the first time since I had the surgery. Larry came home about 3:00 pm and Sherry went home. I am so eternally grateful to Sherry for her service to me. Now I have been up, taken a shower, a walk, eaten dinner and now I am doing some blogging. Today was a good day and maybe I am on the mend- finally. Dr. said that the Asprin Free Excedrin was OK to take as was any Aleve, and the over the counter drugs, but I will just stick with my Excedrin.

No comments: