Monday, June 15, 2009

Everyone needs a Daughter - Happy Birthday Lisa


June 16, 1978 was a most jouous day for me. We welcomed a beautiful daughter into our world. Lisa Ann Rober. She weighted 8 lbs 10 0z. Lisa's Birth was the only one I ever got to plan for. Both of our boys were total surprises, but Lisa was wanted!
Then, as she got older I was able to play 'dress up' with her. She looked really cute in all the clothes she had. My mother kept her in frilly dresses and I kept her hair styled really cute.
When she started school, I was pretty happy, as Lisa was very smart and opinonated. She wasn't the easiest of my children to raise, but she has always been the spark in our family!

Lisa in 1st Grade, Lincoln Elementary, Torrance, CA, Mrs. Oliver's class. She was smart! This is her 3rd Grade picture, she is starteing to loose teeth. Starting through the awkward stage of trying to be a girl, wanting to be a boy and caught in the middle!



This is her 8th Grade picutre. All the boys really liked Lisa, but she wouldn't have anyting to do with them. Most of Marks friends came around to see Lisa as well as Mark.

Here is her 11th Grade photo. She can really cook and dance. She used to go swing dancing with her girlfriends to Disneyland.























This is her graduation from Brea Olinda High School.
She took a trip to Romania, a two week European Train Tour,And then she graduated from BYU in Child Development. She is now married to the perfect man (for her) with three of the most beautiful children you will ever see. She can save $ like no one else! She is the blogger queen of my posting, and I love her with all my heart, she is the 'light of my life' and I mean that. Happy birthday sweetheart!

6 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Thank you! I did have the cutest dresses and hair. If you can get past the eyes, Caleb looks a lot like me in that 1st grade picture.

Grandma Caroline said...

What's wrong with those big, beautiful, expressive brown eyes?

Mark and/or Lisa said...

She was a good sister to have growing up. She always was encouraging and laughing at my weirdness...this is sort of sounding like a eulogy... She's also a good shot :)

SoCal Rogers said...

I agree about having a Daughter. Nothing could be more fun than to dress Savannah up. I can't wait until she grow more hair! Hope you have fun with Savi on Thursday!

Annessa said...

What a gorgeous girl!

Sara said...

Love the pictures of Lisa! She's the greatest and I'm so glad she's become a friend of mine.