Friday, June 12, 2009

Brain never told me - Happy Father's Day

Brian nor Kate sent this little bitty thing to me. They probably didn't think I'd be interested or that it was bragging. How grateful that Susie Sokel, a lady I have been an acquaintance of for years through the school system. She went on to be fairly famous in Brea, I went into obscurity. She was kind enought, and smart enough to know Brian wouldn't have sent this to me, so she called the other day, asked for my address and said she saw this in a newspaper in SLO. She said that Brian was her banker and that he was a wonderful young man. He evidently fixed up a snafu that she had encountered on one of her properties up there, and she thinks he is the next best thing since sliced cheese, and so do I. I'm proud of my son, not just for his accomplishments, but for who he is, his kindness, his integrity, his willingness to serve the Lord. I'm most proud of his ability to be a GOOD husband and an even BETTER father. Hats off to every Father who makes a difference in the lives of their family this Fathers Day.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Very cool! Brag away!

SoCal Rogers said...

Wow... that's awesome! Go Brian!

SLO Rober said...

Thanks Mom. It was nice getting to know Susie over the phone. It didn't take long to find a connection with her and Brea. Ashlynn made me sign the add and took it to school to show off :)

Lisa Henderson said...

I want a signed copy!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Mmmm....pretty impressive I guess...I mean it's not like he was on American Idol or anything.....;)

Annessa said...

Cool! He's the face of integrity and stability. Love it!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Give me a B!!!! Save that cause it will be worth money someday when he's the bank president.