Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm the Mystery Woman

OK, bottom line, I'm not going to die anytime soon from ALS because I don't have it!

I don't have any of the Neurological diseases! They can't tell me what I have, so they took 5 more viles of blood in order to try to find out.

On our first visit the Dr. said that I EITHER had ALS or XCXCXCXCZZZZZ. Because of my family history of ALS running in my family, we all assumed it was ALS because it started with me in the left thumb, just like my Aunt Peggy who died of ALS.

The one thing this month has taught me is to take one day at a time and to enjoy the journey. I need to start taking care of myself before I spread myself so thin in trying to serve everyone else. I also discovered true friendship and love with the ones I care about the most, my friends who cried when I told them the good news and some of my family who were elated at my good fortune.

Was it the Priesthood Blessing I received at the hands of righteous men? Or, was it the heartfelt prayers of so many righteous people? Or was it that my name was in at least 3 Temples? Whateer it was, I'm Thankful that Heavenly Father has given me a second chance.

6 comments:

Larry and Leah said...

Today was the roller coaster of all days. I was mentally prepared for an ALS diagnosis and could not believe the report from the ALS Clinic on the Monday tests. I asked the doctor two different times - does this mean we can rule out ALS? His answer both times was that based on Carolines symptons ALS would have shown up in the tests and it did not.

So after one month of putting my dear wife through MRI machines, many different tests and blood draws - we have yet to find an answer for her symptoms. There is much more hope at this time because the new items they are focusing on (auto immune issues and muscle problems) all have treatments to help overcome the problems.

Here's one thing I found during this process. A few days ago I prayed to my Heavenly Father that his will, not mine, be done in this adversity. It was only at this time that I felt a great peace in whatever the outcome would be.

We still have aways to go to get all the answers but for tonight there is more hope knowing that ALS is most likely not our opponent.

Lisa Henderson said...

A roller coaster for sure...but with a happy ending!

Camille Spence said...

I am so happy about this! We'll keep you in our prayers still! The Mt. Timp temple has been praying for you too :D.

Jamie said...

Caroline, We were so upset when we heard the news last night at our GSNOCC board meeting and then today--such good news. Take each day one day at a time and use each of those days wisely.

The Queen said...

Yay!!! So happy to hear! I hope they will know SOON what it is and how to treat it!! Whew! What a roller coaster!

Lesha said...

OH! I am so happy, what a relief. What a happy ending, thinking of you. Love, Lesha