Sunday, September 5, 2010

R & R for the Weary Soul & my symptoms

This weekend was the weekend that Larry planned to take Mark and Brian to SLC for the UW and BYU games. He left Thursday afternoon, so I left too!

I went out to my sister, Pam's Palm Springs home and we had a blast just pampering ourselves. We really splurged, getting yogurt at 9:30 pm and then getting a foot reflexology foot massage after that!

She took me to see "Celtic Woman'' in concert at Aqua Calentie? We got fully body massages and went to a Lobster Fest at her Club. It was all you could eat, and we ate!

We also had amazing breakfasts each morning at their club where for $5 you could get Lox and bagels or Eggs Benedict or Waffles or Steak and Eggs and everything was delicious.

We watched 3 movies at different times: The Blind Side and 2 Legally Blond movies.

I had a great time with my sissy. It was just what I needed after the roller coaster I've been on.

It's hard to come 'back' to life when you have resigned yourself to dying in the next 2 years. So, I don't have ALS, then what is it? Here are my symptoms..... There are 3 of them:
1. Loosing my hair (and I mean loosing lots of it, even my hairdresser said something)
2. Lose of strength in my left hand and arm.
3. My voice comes and goes with slurring of speech.
4. Fatigue

The really odd thing is that my fingernails are stronger than they have ever been in my life!

And I noticed that people were a lot nicer to me when they thought I was going to die. Why is that?

3 comments:

Annessa said...

Hmmm...there's an interesting psychological experiement. I'm sorry you're struggling with your illness.

Tom and Nan said...

So sorry to hear about your illness. What a wonderful escape with your sister. I hope you find resolution soon. God bless!

Sabrina said...

I am glad you had fun with your Sister, those can be the best times. I am glad that you don't have ALS, you are in our prayers.