Saturday, September 18, 2010

Disneyland a la Family


On Friday I was going to Disneyland with Lisa, John, Caleb, and Davis. We got a babysitter for Beckham because he doesn't like Disneyland yet. Larry was supposed to be tracting with the Youth and meeting with the Stake President, which gave me no end of grief because I was worried about Beckham being passed around. I volunterred to stay home with him rather than traumatize him. It was only Lisa crying and saying "This will be your last time at Disneyland with me".

So we went to Disneyland and as we got on the gate, Lisa asked me where we should go, of course I always start at Adventure land and work my way around the park.

As we were walking around the entrance, under the overpass of the train, I'm hoofing it right along, because there is nothing wrong with my legs yet! We get about 50 yards into the park, right before heading down Main street, and I hear a noise, it sounded like Ashlynn screaming Grandma. I looked over to my left, still walking and there were people over there on a porch waving their hands at me. So, I slowed and then I recognized Ashlynn running toward me and my thought was "What is she doing here?" Then I started recognizing people, my whole family was there except Beckham Henderson, and my sister Pam, Rick & Peter Daut.


The first thing they did was surprise me with a special Gift that Kelly got for us to use. It saved the day because the park was crowded.


Then they presented me with my own special Micky Mouse hat with my name on it: Yep, they call me Grandma Silly and I wore the hat all day long. It was the best surprise and day at Disneyland I have ever had, we stayed till Midnight and it was so fun!

Thank you Lisa & John Henderson, Larry Rober, Kelly & Brian Rogers, Brian and Kate Rober, Mark & Lisa Rober and Matt Trelatsky for the best day since I was diagnosed with ALS. I love you all dearly!

6 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

It was a great day. Sorry I lied and had to guilt trip you but I had to do something to get you there! :)

SLO Rober said...

We had a great time. I'll never forget you running all the way from Adventure land to Toon town and leading the way the whole time! Great memories.

Kate

Mark and/or Lisa said...

That was awesome to see your face on the video when you realized that everyone was there. I'm sure we'll always remember that trip

SoCal Rogers said...

It was a great trip. I am so glad we were able to spend time with the entire family. I will NEVER forget sitting in our 'VIP' seats for the parade eating Tri-Tip as our snack! Seriously... who does that! Hahaha.

Sharon said...

I am so proud of you "Grandma Silly"!! You are the family "Grandma Silly" leader for the rest of us Grandma's!! Isn't being silly with Grandchildren the greatest? I LOVE YOU, my dear cousin, Missy! I am so happy that you had an awesome time, on a beautiful day, with your family, at the happiest place on Earth! xxxooo Sharon

Grandma Caroline said...

That was the most fun I have ever had!