Monday, August 30, 2010

Our 35th Wedding Anniversary - the test

Today Larry and I celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. We actually celebrated last Friday and Saturday because today we knew I had the EMG test scheduled.

Let me tell you what took place (but this isn't for the faint hearted), First, they attach little sensors to your skin, then they shock you with an electric current which feels like you just put your finger into a live electric socket. The did it on my left arm, right arm and left leg. The second part of the test was like accupuncture (sort of), they stick little needles into your muscle, then they wiggle it around until your muscle cramps up like a charly horse! I DIDN'T LIKE IT ONE BIT. I could hardly walk out I was shaking so badley. Yes, I cried! It hurt especially in my leg. The needles are about the size of a straight pin and didn't hurt going in, it was what they did afterward that caused me so much pain.

As for answers about what I have: Well, the tests will all be back on Wednesday and we have an appointment with the Dr. I promise to post what he tells me. As for me, I am betting it's ALS.

1 comment:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh Mom I was so consumed by the test I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary on your actual anniversary! I'm so sorry!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

That test sounded awful and I'm glad its over!