Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Update on My Health

Today we went to see a good Neurologist Dr. DeSilva. He pretty much looked at all the tests we have taken so far, Brain MRI, C-Spine MRI, MRI of the rest of my body cavity and all seems normal and clear.

After doing some preliminary tests on me, he said "You either have an autoimmune deficiency disease or you have ALS. So, we need to go get some expensive blood tests and then when they rule out an Autoimmune disorder, we will be left with the prognosis of ALS, which is pretty much what the Holy Ghost whispered to me in the Temple.

It's tough but I am doing fine right now. I am going to face this with the same courage I have faced the rest of my life with. I won't give up or give out. I will keep eating healthy, and exercising regularly for as long as I can. I will continue to serve the Family History Center and finish all the Speaking Engagements I have scheduled for now, but I will take on no new Speaking engagements.

I might take my dream trip to Ireland, but we will see.

I have my family behind me and as soon as they go through the grieving process of coming to terms with my impending demise, then we will enjoy each other's company for as long as I can be allowed to be around my grandchildren and be 'normal'.

I will get busy and finish my clients work and take on no new Clients. Then I will write my life story and get my genealogy files in order so my dear family won't have to do it after I leave and run the risk of throwing out anything important or pertinent. My dear sweet Daughter, Lisa said she will come and help me go through the files and boxes and help me get it all done.

This will be my last BIG Christmas. I don't think I will be able to decorate after this. Lisa will be home with her family and I am inviting Mark and Lisa & Kam and Brian's family for Christmas Dinner with us. They can have Christmas morning at their homes and then Drive for Christmas Dinner.

7 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

I have no doubt you will face this with courage and grace and teach us all along the way. It will be the crown of your amazing legacy.

There are no adequate words I could ever use to describe what I feel now. It all sounds so selfish in my mind because it is all about how I cant imagine my life without my Mom.

Can I just come get a big hug? You can tell me all about how it will be okay, how I need to have more faith, and make everything better for me. No one can do that for me but you. In many ways not even John can.

I'm so glad we were already coming home for Christmas!

I love you Mom.

Lisa Henderson said...

For the record...every single Christmas you are blessed to be here with us your house will be decorated - I will be the little Christmas elf and I'm pretty sure Ashlynn will LOVE the chance to make your house just the way you like it :) And our family will be there every Christmas morning with you and Dad.

SLO Rober said...

Our prayers are with you and your doctors and that this will be resolved and we'll all work though it!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

It was really good to drop in and see you guys yesterday. We're expecting the worst but hoping and praying for the best when we get the results in two weeks.

Grandma Caroline said...

Oh, Lisa, you really are a treasure to have as a daughter! I love you very much.

Annessa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your medical struggles. However, I must say...this disorder will have met it's match. I'm confident you'll tell it whose boss. I can hear you now saying, "Nope. I've got too much to do to be sick." We've got a lot to learn from you. You're in our prayers!

SoCal Rogers said...

Auntie- I love you so much. We are going to keep you in our prayers and do not hesitate to call me if you need anything. I am only 10 minutes away. Savannah and I would LOVE to help as Christmas elves as well :)