Monday, May 31, 2010

Sundays

Sunday's for the Bishop are harrowing days. He us usually up by 7 am, but sometimes the Stake wants an early morning meeting at which time he gets up at 5 am. Yesderday was just a 7 am day. He has no time to get away from Church until about 5 or 6 pm. So, he takes a lunch which usually consists of some nuts, a granola bar and an apple. No breakfast and then snacks all day. When he get's home he is very exhausted. So, today, I was feeling his pain and decided to surprise him with comfort food, his favorite, Mac and Cheese, salad, and mixed vegetables off the grill. I also decided to let him know how much I appreciate him and set up a nice table with candlelight. Some Sunday's the poor guy comes home to eat and then goes back out for a fireside, seminary graduation, court of honor or some other good activity. I don't know how he does it. 3 hours with my primary class is about all I can take.

6 comments:

SLO Rober said...

That's very nice of you to support and suprise him. It's not easy to carry the burdens of the ward. Good for both of you!

SoCal Rogers said...

What a wonderful surprise. I don't know how Uncle Larry does all that in one day. Don't down play your primary work. My theory about primary work is for every hour it feels like 2! I know that I can't wait to take my Sunday afternoon nap after church.

Mae said...

My old roommate was the Compassionate Service leader for our singles ward in Seattle. And since there weren't any people being born or funerals, she organized a sign-up for people to bring bagged lunches to the Bishop because he was in meetings from 6am-6pm. Perhaps you could put a bee in someone's ear in the RS? His wife said it was a great support both emotionally and physically.

Lesha said...

That is sweet of you. When Rob is done with his 12 hours I am always wanting HIS help. I should surprise him soon.

Sara said...

That was awfully sweet of you Caroline! And I'm sure Larry really appreciated it too. I need to take lessons from you!

Larry and Leah said...

This was a wonderful surprise. I especially needed a warm welcome on this day and Mom was in tune with this while I was still in my interviews. I am grateful for her love and support!