Sunday, May 2, 2010

NGS Conference in SLC

To say I have been having fun is an understatement! I am in my element. With the Family History Library to my North a half a block and the convention right across the street, I am pretty much blessed.

The conference was great. Sadly, I only made it to 1 lecture and about 3 times in the conference hall booths. I did something I haven't done before and I probably won't do it again. I volunteered for working in several booths, volunteered to do 2 consultations with people on their 'dead ends' in genealogy and volunteered to introduce several speakers. Will someone please remind my that I come to these things to learn and have fun!

My time was spent in the Library working on my clients family history. I don't think I have worked on my own or Larry's family history for over 3 years! Good news for my client! I was able to extend most of his lines back several generations, found 1 Revolutionary War ancestory, 3 Civil War ancestors and hit one dead end wall! Luckily I am tenacous and tomorrow, I am going to go back to the Library and spend an entire day on SMITH. No joke, this guy was born in 1884 in Des Moins Iowa, but I can't find him until 1930 with his wife and child in Louisiana!

I know SMITH is a bear to work on because Larry has 1 SMITH line in Toledo, OH. They come straight from England. Someday I will tackle going across the ocean, but for now, I am content to just make some money!

2 comments:

Camille Spence said...

ARE YOU IN SLC?!?! If you are, Logan and I would love to come see you! Call me, (801)787-4274.

We love you and miss you!!

Camille

SLO Rober said...

We got to visit the family history library while in SLC and it was pretty cool. I'm glad you are having fun!