Friday, May 14, 2010

A Nasty experience

While I was walking yesterday, home from my physical therapy which is just down Lambert from my house, I had a very unpleasant experience and I want to share it so that if it ever happens to you, you might be more prepared than I was.


I was walking along, at a fast pace with a blue shirt on the said VOLUNTEER on the back of it. I got it when I helped with the first Brea 5K run. I was swinging my arms and oblivious to anything happening behind me. All of a sudden, a man, 25-35, longish dirty blond hair, came whizzing by me on the right (your are never supposed to pass on the right and I was walking smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk, looking forward) anyway I heard nothing because he was on an old fashioned bike, but he came by pretty fast and hit my right shoulder. It scared me so bad that I exclaimed "Jeeze!" and jumped to the left. As he rode by he yelled "Volunteer, huh, well I have a volunteer for you" then he turned around on this bike smiling at me and raised his hand and have me a very vulger middle finger sign which he kept up for the entire block until he turned the corner at which time he yelled, "bye for now" and disappeared.


To say I was mortified, scared, taken aback, and humiliated, is an understatement. It haunted me all day and gave me a very evil feeling. I was so surprised that all I could do was gape at they moron. I guess that was the best kind of response but it didn't feel like it.

3 comments:

SLO Rober said...

yikes. That's almost worse than a stranger telling me my kids were future sociopaths.

SLO Rober said...

That's pretty nasty. This world is made up of weirdos, staying clear is the best path.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Ditto what Kate said.