Friday, May 28, 2010

CRASH and BURN

Computers! They are like husbands, you can't live without them and you can't live with them.

Many of you know I had trouble seeing the graphics while on the internet with my Explorer 8. It finally became so bad that I unplugged all the cords and took it to my computer guru, Shawn. UGH, he kept it for 3 days and wasn't able to fix the problem, so he wiped out my hard drive (D drive) and reinstalled Windows on that drive. He made that my new C drive. I still have my old C drive and now it is drive E. So, if I need data I can open up the E drive and get what I need.

The only problem is that I kept all my genealogy pictures on that D drive. Yep, they're gone, except we had them backed up on the Maxtor Drive. I think I am going to take Lisa's advice and start storing my photo's on Smug Mug. I will share the cost with her too. THat way anyone in our family can go and get all the old time photo's they want to have. At least that is my plan for right now.

Poor, Bishop, he is in trying to configure outlook for my email again. Let's just say, it's not going well.

No comments: