Friday, November 13, 2009

Remembering


Today, I was starting to put up Christmas Decorations. I love Christmas and it could be all year as far as I'm concerned. I found an ornament with Brian's 1st Visit with Santa Clause, he was 9 months old, and it seems like just yesterday. I don't know why mom's always remember the 1st kids big moments better than the following kids. They were all special to me and I remember little things each of them did really well.
Like the time Lisa was about 3, and under my foot in the kitchen. I was scrambling around until Larry got home, and he liked dinner right away, anyway, I wasn't paying attention to her because she was playing so well. Then, just as we started to sit down to dinner, I walked back into the kitchen and saw BUGS crawling all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about DIED! I screamed and ran for the broom and dustpan, I just couldn't imagine how so many sow bugs got into my kitchen so fast! As I started sweeping them up and taking them outside, I hear a whale of a cry "NOOOOOO! Mommy, they are my babies, don't hurt them, please don't hurt them, I was just putting them all to bed in the drawer, that is my little house for them". Please don't hurt them, mommy, please don't!" I think I traumatized her that day.
Then, there was Mark. Who for no good reason, would not talk! He wouldn't even say momma or please or anything, he just jabbered in his own language and thought everyone else could understand him too. The only one who even pretended (or maybe she did) to understand him was Lisa, so Mark used to talk to Lisa and then she would relay the message to me, because she could talk really well. By the time he was 5 he did start to talk a little bit, but was always the BIG DUMB SILENT type, if you know what I mean. We never knew what he was thinking because he wouldn't communicate it to anyone. Then I told Mark to dice up an onion (he is 5), so I sat him down at the table and he proceded to cut the onion. I went back to cooking. The next thing I know, there he is with GOGGLES on his face, over his eyes, so the onion wouldn't burn his eyes. What a smart idea, why didn't I ever think of that? Needeless to say, he is still really smart and now a nerd of the 1st degree.
So I do remember all my kids and some of the little things they did, just not all the firsts they did. But, Brian I still remember. Does that make me a bad mommy?

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Nope, just makes you human

Larry and Leah said...

Brian was a goog crier. Once we left him at Grandma Gloria's house and he cried for four hours straight. (that's her version - it may be true)