Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009 50 min 25 Sec

It started off a really beautiful southern California morning, crisp, but bright and beautiful. Best of all, I was with part of my family. Here I'm so glad at just being alive! Pam, Me, Larry, Peter, Kelly, Brian and Savannah did "Martha's Kitchen 5K Run", at 7:30 am I might add!

It is wonderful to be able to exercise with my honey! I'sn't he handsome?
Savannah came along for the 5K walk/run too. We couldn't leave her home!


Showing off our Muscles! We are ready to go


This is me (with Larry right behind me) crossing the finish line. We finished several minutes before the other walkers (Pam and Kelly). We were only beat by the runners, Peter and Brian. Ricky was the designated driver for all of us. He also took these photo's. Got to love Ricky!


After the Run/Walk, we came home and started cooking. Got it all ready and into Crock Pots (9) to keep food warm, it was really a good idea. Pam and I outdid ourselves on food. The older we get the better the food tastes. Turkey, gravey, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoe Crunch, Creamed Spinish, Creamed Corn, Dressing, Rolls and relish trays. Now, I'm full, satisfyed and ready for a nap.
Before I lay down, I want to let everyone know how thankful I am for an Ancestor who celebrated that first Thanksgiving with the Indians, so very long ago. That Ancestor is Frances Cook. We all owe him a very big thanks for all the sacrifices they had to go through. Thank goodness they didn't have computers, or maybe we wouldn't be here now!




3 comments:

Larry and Leah said...

I let Mom win.

Mae said...

Congrats. May all Turkey bowls be replaced by 5k's. On 2nd thought, maybe not. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! Love, Brian (via Amanda's account)

Lisa Henderson said...

Great job! happy thanksgiving!