Sunday, October 25, 2009

Doing the Grandma Thing

Last weekend, Larry and I went to Mark and Lisa's to help celebrate Kameden's 3rd Birthday. It was really fun.

This weekend we just got back from Brian and Kate's home. We actually went up the coast for a reunion of old Oil Guys that Larry worked with over 40 years ago, they had a wine tasting and a golf tournament. It was fun. Then we stayed over and had a sort of Birthday party for Grandpa, he will be 62 on Tuesday. We also went to a soccor and football game. Then our grandchildren were in the Primary Program at Church and Brian was conducting the meeting, we couldn't miss that. So, we hightailed it back from SLO to be back for the rest of the P4 meeting and my Sunday School Class.

Next weekend you will find us visiting Lisa and John and their 3 adorable boys. Lisa has promised me a turn at serving in the School carnival, a soccer game and Trunk r treat. I can't wait.

It's really good to be retired and able to go visit all our kids and grandkids all in one month without really blowing up our own schedules! Life is good.

Oh, yea, just to keep up to date, I had to buy a new skirt for Church since we didnt bring up any Church clothes, and I bought a size 10 and a size 8. For those who don't know I was wearing a 12-14. I feel very good with my new life style change and I don't miss the sugary sweets I used to indulge in.

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Okay maybe I didnt comment yet. I did read it though. Sometimes I only have a second or two to catch my sanity back at the computer...those darn kids hate when Mom gets on the computer!

SLO Rober said...

Thanks for coming up and enjoy your next leg of your travels!