Monday, March 9, 2009

This is serious, I'm being stalked!

It seems like it was about 6-7 years ago, when a black man walked into our Sacrament meeting and sat alone. I felt sorry for anyone new in the ward to look so out of place and friendless.

That first Sunday, I plopped myself and my family down next to him and proceeded to be friendly. That day they were giving talks on the Articles of Faith. So, like a good member-missionary, I took out my Articles of Faith card from my scripture case and gave it to him.

It seems now that he has taken the "light of Christ" I try to exhibit and turned it into something ugly!

Everywhere I go, the Family History Center, Church, Store, I see him there and staring at me. He makes excuses to talk to me, send me notes and love letters and I thought I put a stop to it a few years ago by talking to the Stake President, Bishop and my husband. They all had talks with him and it seemed to get better for a while, but now he is worse than ever!

He was asked to change shifts at the ORFHC so we wouldn't run into each other. He refused saying "I won't change shifts and that's final. I want to give Caroline another chance!" The person who called him was flabbergasted!

Now Beth McCarty is going to tell him not to come back to the ORFHC- ever. We don't need him to volunteer if all he wants to do is bother me! I have told him off, insulted him, talked to him, ignored him and walked away from him when he was trying to talk to me.

Last Sunday, I went to Church late because I was just tired (we meet at 9:00 am), I just missed Sacrament, and went directly to the Primary room, and received my class while they were coming in. He had the audacity to peek through the glass partition in the door of my classroom to see if I was there! That is the last straw! I want that man to stay as far away from me as possible. In fact I hope he gets into some accident and can never walk again! This is a living hell for me and I won't go to Church or the ORFHC anymore if that man shows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mae said...

How about a legal restraining order? That may seem extreme, but seeing as several people have talked to him, that might be an option. Then you can still go to church! At least, in theory...

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Good looks like yours are both blessing and a curse Mom what can we say?

Sara said...

Oh Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through something like that. I really hope it can get resolved soon.

Grandma Caroline said...

Well, I can rest easier now, Beth McCarty told him not to come back to the Library anymore. The Bishop has talked to him, and if he looks in my classroom again, they will put monitors in the hall by my class. What I want to know is who is going to protect me at the store or in a parking lot? To tell the truth, I'm a little scared.

SLO Rober said...

Two words: pepper. spray.