Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My firstborn Child

This is Brians High School Graduation photo!





This is my son Brian at his birth. Today is his birthday and I am very aware of how blessed I have been for the last 33 years. There is something about your first child, I think it is because you have no one else to take your attention away from them. You remember a lot more.
Brian at 3 months
Ever since Brian was born, he seemed like the perfect child. Always alert, happy and communicative. He said his first word at 9 months "Twee" as he pointed to the Christmas tree that was in Dr. Gurfield's (our peditrition's) office.
Brian at 9 months
Once he started saying words he never stopped, and by 18 months he was a full on conversationalist and could communicate effectively. At 2 years almost 3 years we came home from Church one Sunday, where he was in the Nursery (with me because he wouldn't leave my side- even when I went to the bathroom!)

He got very serious and started telling me the story of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ! He laid it out in a very logical manner and told me that Jesus had died for our sins! He was very animated and his big brown eyes were very serious with the telling of that story, as if I didn't really understand what it meant to me. It was the most touching moment of my existance to hear that story from the mouth of a babe!

Well, from that moment on, no one could tell me that he wasn't the most wonderful child Heavenly Father had sent down to earth in a very long time. I loved my son unconditionally then and still do today. He has grown up into a fine man, a good husband and I hope an effective father! (That remains to be seen)

Brian in Kindergarten

4 comments:

Larry and Leah said...

Brian was a very good baby. He liked being around his mother. One time we left him (1-2 years old) for an afternoon at Grandma Gloria's and she claims he didn't stop screaming for the four hours we were gone.

SLO Rober said...

Thanks mom.

Lisa Henderson said...

I do remember one occasion where I called Brian a "mamas boy" and got spanked for it...I always thought that proved my point!

Annessa said...

Oh, my gosh! It's like looking at pictures of Briggs and Ty! Love the big brown eyes and big grin (I've seen that on Ash, too.) Fun! We love Brian, too.