Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Husband

Today was a very busy and stressful day for me. In fact the week has been that way. In fact the month has been that way.

Tonight I noticed my husband, Larry. Not that I don't notice him every day, but today it was very apparent to me how much he supports me and helps me.

I ran out of the house this morning to go to Mission Veijo to give a lecture. I had spent days turning my 'old' overhead transparencies into power point. Larry did the wash for us, 4 or 5 loads and he hung up all the items that needed hanging. All he asked me to do was to separate it for him before I left.

Then I came home exhausted and took a nap. Larry went out to check out the hotel for Mark and Lisa to stay in when they come for Easter and the Blessing. He also went to the store for some specials he saw in the newspaper.

I got up and went into the computer to learn a new program to help my client who is coming here tomorrow to record her parents. Larry reminded me to download the program Mark had told me to download, "Audacity". While I stewed and read and tried and failed to make the program work, in other words while I learned how to use the program, Larry cooked a delicious dinner. Larry also did the shopping and has done the meal planning.

While I ran out of the house after dinner to go to a Stake Primary Training meeting, Larry cleaned up the dishes and juiced Lemonade for me so I could offer it to my clients tomorrow.

During the day, he stopped me several times to just give me a hug with words of encouragement.

This is indicative of Larry's love for me and I feel like the luckiest woman alive to have him for my eternal companion.

I seem to have days like this a lot lately. God Bless Larry for all his meal planning and shopping and cooking and washing and cleaning and vacuuming. I couldn't do today what I do without him. In fact I might just starve to death, because meal planning, shopping & cooking are way down on my list of likes and necessities.

He also took time to blog and work on his own business and the house budget.

All in all, I am one blessed woman. I love you Larry.

4 comments:

Larry and Leah said...

You deserve all the attention! Thanks for being my eternal companion.

SLO Rober said...

We are pretty lucky women to have those rober men for husbands. It's good to hear you speak so fondly of Larry. it makes me happy and reconfirms in me my testimony of marriage. It's hard work, but it's worth it.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Plus he has a sweet 'stache.

Lisa Henderson said...

Hes a pretty good dad too!