Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas is officially gone & the END is coming

Well, everyone knows how much I DO Christmas, so everyone wants to know how do I ever get it all down and put away?

This year I repacked a few things and a few boxes. I also weeded out a lot of stuff that was old and NOT of sentimental value. Then I took my time repacking and it feels so good to have a spankin clean house! I think that is why I enjoy taking it down, I know I will have the cleanest house in town for at least 2 days unless my darling grandkids come to visit.

Also, I talked to my sister Pam today and she is sure she knows when the end of the world is coming. At least we both agreed that we are living in the last days. She has been watching the History Channel and they have been going over "End of Times". I thought it was interesting that the Mayan Calendar does end on Dec. 11, 2012, at 11:11 o'clock. (didn't say am or pm). Then I guess Nostrodomus also said that is the date the world will end. In fact when I googled Mayan Calendar, I got a lot of stuff I have never got before. I know the prophets have said that no man knows the time, not even the prophet. I'm not so sure about that though. Seems like I heard a talk about that recently. Anyway, anyone of you have an opinion on this?

2 comments:

Mae said...

Well, I think if the Word of God declares no man will know the date or time of the second coming, those Mayans are most likely to be way off base.

Sara said...

I'm sure Chad would have liked to come over and switch your manger scene around. He's told me about it many times and had such a fun time with that... especially your reactions to it. :)

I remember in High School one year, sitting in band practice (4th period, I believe), waiting for the end of the world because that was when someone in the news had predicted it. We waited, nothing happened, and I had to continue on with practice (darn!).

It's always curious when you hear these predictions but since we don't know, I guess it's just important to prepare ourselves and our families right now, everyday. I definitely think we're getting closer and have been feeling this urgency to get my house in order. Even if it doesn't happen in my lifetime, I hope I can at least be prepared and have guided my kids.