Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wonderful long time friends

This is Jenny Letecia Arellano De La Torre Fernandez. She was born June 24, 1952. She is, and has always been "My Best Friend". When I met Jenny I was only 4 years old. She came and was standing on the sidewalk in front of my grandma's house, a skinny (bony), mexican girl in Pig tail braids. She asked my mother, as we got out of the car, "Can she (pointing at me) play with me?" My mom said yes, but first I had to go into the house and use the bathroom. We were inseparable from then until I left San Bernardino, I was 16.
Through the years, we have stayed somewhat in contact. I was the only White girl in her extravant Mexican Wedding. She was the only Hispanic girl in my wedding to the Bishop.

Now that we are all old Ladies, things have changed a bit. She is not only my firend, but Pam's friend too. Pam was 3 1/2 years younger than us, so we were always trying to get rid of my little sister. It was so evident to me yesterday at our lunch that Jenny is just as much Pam's friend as she is mine. We went throug much of the same abuse as children. That makes us truly friends, we did it and came out triumphant!



2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

thats awesome!

SLO Rober said...

Fun times. Nice you are able to stay in touch.