Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good Deed, Good Day

Although I pretty much serve all the time, the living and the dead, today the Lord provided me with a perfectly clean grocery bag while I was on my walk. So, I thanked Him and picked it up and started picking up the trash I saw as I walked. It slowed me down quite a bit, but it was on my way home and the cool down part of my walk anyway.

When Girly was home last weekend, we went for a walk, and on the way home, in the cool down period, she started picking up trash. I was impressed that she cares enough about mother earth to try to keep her clean. I think she learned that from me but I'm not sure. When the kids were young, I always kept grocery bags in the car and whenever we stopped, and I knew they would be bored, I got out the bags and made it a contest to see who could find the most trash. Of course they ALL won and got a treat.

I just hope my boys remember those lessons and do the same thing, pick up trash wherever you find it. God gave us such a beautiful world, and people are trying their darnest to mess it up one way or the other. Let's all do our part to keep it clean and beautiful.

1 comment:

SLO Rober said...

Leave a place cleaner than you found it. Your oldest boy works hard on this, your oldest boys kids are still learning :)