Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

My heart gets really tender when I think about this great land of ours. About all the great men who suffered and bled and sacrificed to bring about the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

I am a genealogist, to no one's surprise, I have traced the ethnicity of our family. Starting from as far back as I can go, we hail from Italy, France, England, Germany, Ireland and Wales. All together we are AMERICANS. This great Country doesn't discriminate against people who don't yet feel like they belong here, people do. If you are an American Citizen, just say so! I am an American! If you are inferior then go right ahead and say "I am an African-American" or "I am a Mexican-American" or "I am a Chinese-American" or whatever country you still identify with, but if you live in America or were born in America, you are an American! Pure and simple.

There should be no distinction of our nationalities, we are AMERICANS! God Bless this great land of ours. We do not yet have the perfect union (Country), but we don't have any perfect people yet either. Lets all work on ourselves to make ourselves more perfect in order to make our Great Country more perfect.

That usually means: Be kinder, be loving, be peaceful, be generous, and be honest in all your doings. May God bless our Land.

No comments: