Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Work

I just got home from a wonderful experience in Salt Lake. I was invited to go with Beth to a "Directors Meeting" which was for the 15 largest family history Centers in the world, which we rank about 14th or 15th in size. Needless to say it was a humbling experience. We learned a lot and were given a bunch of mandates to accomplish before the end of the year.

I'm not really supposed to say much, but 2 things did stand out to me. 1) Everyone will start being able to order films online from their homes using a credit or debit card. This is hugh change for the Family History Centers. 2) We will soon have all our in house films and books listed in the Family History Library Catalog for everyone anywhere to access. Before this can be done, there has to be alot of behind the scenes work done and even before Beth gets back, I have started the ball rolling.

I finished with one client and back onto the other one. Busy, Busy, and sad, I still have to do the laundry and put clothes away, clean the toilets and cook some. I guess bring home a paycheck is not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments: