Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday Time is my favorite Time of Year

Now that we are grand childless, we feel it our duty to celebrate each day of the week with another party at our house! Monday night we will be having the P4 Singles Ward over for a Christmas Karaoke Celebration, complete with homemade Chili, cornbread, hot chocolate and lots of goodies that I baked.

That's right, I have WANTED to bake and cook this year. So far, my culinary talents have featured Homemade Rum Cake (mmm...delicious), Caroline's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fudge, Skor Bit Cookies, Sugar Cookies, Cakes, and let's see what I can get into tomorrow! I have some candy cane chips that I don't know what to do with. Does anyone have a good receipe for 'Bark'?

And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get through our neighborhood now! We have always been known for our lights, and this year we even got a letter from the Brea City Council telling us how much they appriciate our Christmas Decorations. So much so, that they are scheduling the Brea Trolly to make 3 nightly tours through our neighborhood! Don't you think someone would give us a break on taxes then?

Well, have a great season and please feel free to come on over for some good food, good conversation and good fun!

4 comments:

SLO Rober said...

That sounds like so much fun. Just hearing about it makes me miss your house at Christmas. I have an easy recipe for bark. Melt a bag of white choc. chips in the micro, stir in candy can chips (amount to your likeing) mix in a few drops of peppermint flavor and red food coloring if you want it pink. Spread it onto a cookie sheet of tin foil. Let it cool and harden. Break up into bark pieces. This is always a hit wherever I take it.

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh baking....i never thought I would see the day when I dont want to bake and you do!

Mae said...

I second Kate's recipe. I always get rave reviews when I give people this bark recipe. It's ridiculously simple but oh so delicious! I saw some recently on sale for $5 and it was about the size of a browny. I thought, man! I'm in the wrong business!

Grandma Caroline said...

Thanks Kate, I plan on trying it today! Mark is coming home for Christmas on Saturday and we will be doing Christmas with their family then. That is the night we are all going to sit out on the Driveway with a firepit and offer goodies to the car's passing and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We may acturally carroll too.