Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Baking

Well, I always wondered how it would feel to bake goodies all day long. Today I did it! In anticipation of a big party here tomorrow with Mark, Lisa, Kamden, Pam, Rick, Kelly, Brian, Matt, the Mitchell family including Kevin and family. I am so excited I baked the following goodies: My Chocolate Chip Cookies, Skor Cookies, Peppermint Bark, Chocolate Fudge with nuts, Chocolate fudge with nuts and heath bar bottom, Rum Cake and Almond Roca, which is the only thing that didn't turn our exactly right! The rest is delicious!

I sure wish all my kids could have come home, but I know it's impossible and I do understand.

I have never been with: No children, No Grandchildren, No shopping left to do, No wrapping to do, and nowhere to go, so I guess it was time to try my hand at some things I have wanted to do for years, but never had the time or energy to do! Martha Stewart, eat your heart out!

I just wanted to whet your appetite and brag, it is delicious, even if I say so myself!

5 comments:

Mae said...

Oh my, that looks SOOO yummy!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

I can vouch for the fact that it was Mae....although i do feel a bit sick :\

Lisa Henderson said...

WOW! Mom thats so impressive! And this year I have hated baking! We cant ever be on the same page can we! :)

Larry and Leah said...

More than just chocolate chip cookies on the menu this year. I liked it all. Mom seems to enjoy using the new kitchen. Should have remodelled sooner.

Sara said...

That's so great Caroline! One of the greatest memories I have of my own Grandma was her baking. Every time we went to visit her, or if she came to our house, she'd have a wide array of delicious cookies. Always a treat to be with my grandma!