Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who says my family doesn't do GENEALOGY?

When I was a young mom, I used to feel guilty about not doing my genealogy. So I became a gatherer. I had so much pain or conceived pain in my life that I didn't think it was a good Idea to journal my life either. If I had had the technology of Blogging, that would have been different, because I would have chronolized all the cute, smart, faboulous things my chldren did. Just as two of my daughters are doing. This year Kate showed me that she could make a book of her yearly blog. I exclaimed that it would be a stellar gift for me for Christmas. It was. Then I suggested that Girly do one for her blog and give it as a gift to me too. Well, as you can see below I now have all the genealogy that my family has to give me at this time and I am in 7th Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best gift of Christmas I could get! I hope all my children will take note that I really, really like this kind of gift. Someday in the far future though I hope to pass the Family History I have done to one of them with my blessing, but until that day comes, I will be satisfied with this.

8 comments:

SLO Rober said...

Glad you enjoyed the present. We do feel like it is a good way to keep tabs on all the little things in life.

Larry and Leah said...

Just as nice as a journal.

Lisa Henderson said...

Cant wait to get mine!!!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Looks like we've got our Christmas gift to you all picked out for next year.

Grandma Caroline said...

I love my family!

SoCal Rogers said...

So cool. What program/site did you use to make it. Blurb.com?

Mae said...

I have finally realized that gathering stories and getting to know how parents' stories is family history, too. I used to think of it all as pedigree charts and great grandparents.

I think Blogging is a perfect way to remember daily life!

Lesha said...

That is really cool! I've always wondered if that could be done.