Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Watch out for parked cars

You won't believe what happend to me last Friday. Larry and I went to a wedding reception at a fancy restaurant in Orange Hills. It was a long driveway up and when you got to the top, you had to valet park. So far, no problem. So many people came at the same time, they started parking 3 cars across and kept going behind lining up 3 cars across. As I started to exit the car, Larry said "Watch out for cars, honey". So, as I got out, I noticed they were still parking cars behind outs, so I closed the car door, and strode off at my normal power walk rate, when the car parked next to us (2 ft. away) opened the drives door at such a fast speed I never saw it coming. I slammed my right leg right into his car door edge and it stopped me dead in my tracks! OWWW! Now I have a black and blue mark going from my knee up to my groin on my right leg. Right snap dab in the middle too. It hurs. So, now I not only have sciatic making that leg ache all the time, I now have a matching pain going up my leg in front.

The guy was really appologetic, and it wasn't done on purpose, but it was so perfectly orchestrated to look like we had planned it. I forgave him.

6 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

OUCH!

SLO Rober said...

That must have sounded a lot like Ty's chest hitting the tile floor tonight falling at full speed. He has been hitting everything lately. You 2 can hang out and compare war stories.

Boons said...

Yikes that must have hurt! Definitely not what you needed! Hopefully the pain doesn't last too long! Take care!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Railroad crossing watch out for the cars...

Mae said...

Ouch! Car doors are killer.

I was with Ty one day and he was chatting away at me when I poked my arm with the sharp corner of my door. It hurt so bad I stomped my foot several times to distract myself. Ty stopped talking and said, shocked, "Whoa."

Sara said...

Ouch! That sounds incredibly painful!