Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"itis" - ugh

I can't explain how tired I am of 'growing'. I know that there is "opposites in all things", but give me a break!

Here I am trying to get myself healthy and in shape and the first problem that cropped up was a severe pain in my left hip. It was so bad, I couldn't walk. I found out I had Bursitis. A shot of cortisone fixed that problem.

I was good to go for about 2 weeks.

Then I started with the same pain in my right hip. I went into the Dr. before our Hawaii vacation and got another cortisone shot.

It didn't work, so the problem has been getting worse as time goes on. I'm fine AFTER I get up and walking. But, after I sit or lay for more than 15 minutes, I'm back to being crippled when I get up. Now the pain goes from my sciatic nerve to my ankle, right down my right side.

So, I go back to the Dr. And now I get to have an MRI, because he is pretty sure I have arthuritis in my right hip which is pinching a nerve. So between Bursitis and Arthuritis, I'm an 'itis' mess.

Bottom line, don't get old.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh I'm sorry! Hope they can find something to help you feel better.

Sara said...

Oh and thanks for the open invitation to stay with you next time we come to Disneyland. We almost called you this time, but with such a quick trip, we just stayed with Mark and Lisa.

Lisa Henderson said...

Just be glad that you are getting healthy...it would be so much worse had you not been on that path. I feel for you though Sciatic nerve pain so the worst!

SoCal Rogers said...

WOW- that must be awful. Hope the doctor can do something for you.