Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our Vacation from Sweetc's viewpoint

First of all, THANK YOU to my sweet daughter, Girly for making my blog so cute!

Now, if you have looked at Dad's blog, you can see all the wonderful and marvelous things we saw and did. What dad forgot to tell everyone is that I got a sunburn that has blistered and the really, really scary part is that I didn't ever 'lay out'! We walked around some on one of the days in our bathing suits, like from one pool to the next to go down a slide, and I snorkled, but I didn't do anything that should have resulted in the severe sunburn I got. I actually have a thousand small blisters on the top of my shoulders and my back! Ow, it hurts. Now, it you think that is all, think again! One our way home, dad dropped me off at the airport check in while he went to park the car. This was 8 hours before we got on the plane, we thought it would be a good idea to check in the luggage and then go see the Maui Volcano Crater. So, he hands me the tickets and I get out my driver's license and then some guy says that I have to put our checked bags through some agricultureal screening machine. OF COURSE, the men that are scanning aren't allowed to help you pick up your bags, no, every little old woman must lift her own bags. Well, I finally got them into the scanning machine and then went 10 feet to the other side of the machine and retrieved our 2 bags. Then I went another 10 feet to the check in kiosk where I proceeded to read the complicated touch screen check in menu. Right then, dad walks up and says good job, as I hand him back our boarding pass tickets, I noticed I only have the 2 papers in my hand, WHERE IS MY DRIVERS LICENSE???????????? It's GONE! No Joke! Dad and I started backtracking our 20 feet from the curb and asking everyone if they saw a driver's license? We too over and hour looking and talking to security and everyone who would listen. The bottom line is My Drivers License is Gone! I don't know if someone saw it and picked it up on purpose to steal my identity or if someone picked it up accidently to return it. So, now its another unscheduled trip to somewhere I didn't need to go. UGH!

6 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh wow that is kind of scary. I would put a 90 day fraud alert on your credit. That means if anyone were to try to open any type of credit line they first have to call you at your home number and verify its you. Seriously, dont delay. If you cant find the number to do it, call me and I will find it for you.

Larry and Leah said...

That's a pretty darn good sunburn considering we never sat out in the sun intentionally at any time.

SLO Rober said...

Unfortunate. We got a portable DVD player snaked one time going through the airport. Not a fun feeling. Hope you can work things out ok.

SoCal Rogers said...

Under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you may be entitled to two kinds of free fraud alerts: initial and extended.

You may ask a consumer reporting company to place an initial fraud alert on your credit report if you suspect you have been, or are about to be, a victim of identity theft. This may be appropriate after your wallet or another source of personal information is lost or stolen. An initial fraud alert is good for 90 days, and can be renewed when appropriate. To place an initial fraud alert, call the toll-free fraud number of any one of the three national consumer reporting companies. The company you call is required to contact the other two; they, in turn, will place an alert on their versions of your report. Expect to receive a confirmation from each of the companies.

Equifax:
1-800-525-6285
1-800-525-6285
www.equifax.com

Experian:
1-888-EXPERIAN
1-888-EXPERIAN
www.experian.com

TransUnion:
1-800-680-7289
1-800-680-7289
www.transunion.com

Boons said...

Hey, it looks like we were either there at the same time as you guys or just missed each other! (We were there 9/9-/16). Glad you got to get away for a bit. It looks like you had a great time. It was fun to look through your pictures, especially since we had a lot of same ones! Hope everything goes well with the sunburn recovery and driver license issue.

Annessa said...

Ouch! Hope you had some aloe for that.