Wednesday, November 5, 2008

American Patriotism or Loyality

Today, we have a new President elect, Barack Obama. I didn't vote for him, but now that he is our president elect of the USA, I will stand beside and behind him. Since I believe that God is watching over us, and knows more than we do, I have faith that he knows what Senator Obama will do or not do in the United States White House and I will leave it up to our Heavenly Father.

If I have badmouthed a US President in the past, I hope I will be forgiven. I will not badmouth a president now. I have too much respect for this office, and the people have spoken. Unfortunately, President Bush took a bad rap during his tenure in the White House. I have friends that have lamblasted "Bush and all his failed policies", and it hurt me. I may not always have agreed with his decisions, but I never talked bad about the man.

Now, lets see what Barack Obama can do. No one can blame the 'Republicans' for problems that come up now. Lets all watch carefully to see what this new Democratic President can do with the new Democratic Senate and house. You would think he could get things done, I hope the Republicans will work with him, much unlike the Democrats worked with President Bush.

I am still worried about Prop 8. ABC news will not call that proposition passed, even though the Associated Press has called it. ABC goes on to report all the legal finagling that is transpiring to overturn Prop 8. Let's use a bit of common sense, as Ben Franklin used to say. Isn't a government by the people and for the people, a democracy? In other words our Constitution protects the majority from being ruled by the minority. Since we passed this amendment to our California Constitution, the people have spoken. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO OVERTURN THE BALLOT ON"UNCONSTITUTIONAL" GROUNDS, SINCE THAT MEANS THAT THEY WOULD TAKE AWAY OUR CONSTITUTION IN FAVORING THE MINORITY OVER THE MAJORITY. There, I've said my peace and I feel better.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks with the post. I agree with it all! And I hope things calm down a bit now that prop 8 has passed. I've been seeing and reading so many things on the news and internet. I'm afraid this may only be the beginning though.